To Teach...To Lead...To Succeed
|The Center For Human Performance is the dream and vision of Dr. Barbara Walker. After working in Australia at the Academy of Sport, Dr. Walker recognized the benefits of an integrated approach toward optimizing performance. Dr. Walker returned to the Cincinnati area determined to create a place where those seeking peak performance could find the services and tools necessary to achieve their best.
The Center combines the latest knowledge and principles about optimal human performance, specifically in the areas of leadership, attention, stress, competition, nutrition, and exercise with a personal, client-centered approach. We also utilize the science of biofeedback and neurofeedback.
We help people lead more satisfying, happier, productive, optimal lives through a balanced and holistic, strengths-based approach, integrating the mind and body. Our mission is to improve the lives of others, one client at a time.
Barbara Walker, Ph.D.
As a high level competitive triathlete, marathon runner, and business owner, Barbara has faced the same challenges as many of you, and knows first-hand what it takes to reach your goals.
Her experience as an athlete and her extensive background as a Sport Psychologist provide her with the perfect combination of knowledge and ability to help excellence-seeking individuals realize their potential.
Each consultation with individuals and teams/groups is individualized. Together, we decide what you need and what approach will work best.
Dr. Walker is a:
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology with an emphasis in Exercise and Sport Psychology
- Licensed Psychologist
- Certified Consultant with the Association of Applied Sport Psychology
- International and national experienced consultant at multiple athletic levels, from professional to high school sports.
- Consultant to Fortune 500 companies.
- National professional conference presenter
- Competitive triathlete, marathon runner, and former team member of U.S. National Duathlon Team
- Performance psychology consultant for individual athletes, athletic teams, businesses, and performing arts
- Guest expert on radio and television
- Serves on the Executive Board as the Professional Standards Division Head for the Association of Applied Sport Psychology
- Serves on the Board of the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon
||Trey Walker, Exercise and Wellness Consultant
Trey may be reached via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.284.1999.
- Certified personal trainer with over 15 years experience
- Trainer/Consultant to high level amateur athletes, television and film personalities and martial artists
- Fitness expert and personality for syndicated television show
- Competitive cyclist and multi-sport and adventure athlete
- Consultant to Flying Pig Marathon
- Guest expert on radio and television
- Expert presenter
- Passionate about helping others create healthy and functional bodies
Kate Walker, LMT and Certified Pilates Instructor
Kate completed her coursework and certification in Manual Therapies at the Rocky Mountain Healing Arts Institute in Boulder,Colorado in 1982. She moved to Cincinnati, Ohio and opened her practice in Walnut Hills and continues to work with emphasis on structural integration and movement patterning. Kate’s goal with each person is to enhance the quality of movement, health
and enjoyment of life.
Kate may be reached via email: Kate@CenterForHumanPerformance.com or directly at: 513.281.1308.
| At Cincinnati Children’s Sports Medicine, your child will work with nationally recognized physicians and physical therapists. Our clinicians treat athletes at all levels – including recreational and professional – and can help your child reach his or her full athletic potential.
Our team provides integrative services, all of which are focused on the young athlete, include:
- progressive clinical care
- expert rehabilitation services
- innovative research
- expedited care after injury
- injury prevention
- biomechanics evaluations
- baseline concussion testing
The Sports Medicine Biomechanics Research center has an international reputation for their focus on prevention and rehabilitation of ACL injuries.
We also provide informative lectures to parent groups, coaches or student-athletes on a wide variety of topics.
Please contact us at (513) 636-4366 or email@example.com for more information.
Dawn Weatherwax RD, CSSD, LD, ATC, CSCS
Dawn Weatherwax is a Registered/Licensed Dietitian with a specialty in Sports Nutrition and Founder of Sports Nutrition 2Go. She is also a Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics, which is the premier professional sports nutrition credential in the United States. In addition, she is an Athletic Trainer with a Certification in Strength and Conditioning from The National Strength and Conditioning Association. Therefore, she brings a comprehensive and unique understanding of the athlete's body, and its nutritional needs, to those interested in achieving specific performance goals and optimal health. Weatherwax is also the author of The Official Snack Guide for Beleaguered Sports Parents and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Sports Nutrition. She is an Official Speaker for the Gatorade Sports Science Institute and on the approval speaker list for the NCAA. She has also been featured on television shows including: Good Morning America, MSNBC, Geraldo Rivera, and Fox News.
Dawn is an active member in the American Dietetic Association (ADA), Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutritionists Dietetic Practice Group (SCAN), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA), National Athletic Training Association (NATA), & Greater Cincinnati Athletic Training Association (GCATA).